Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Time to Re-Focus

The title of this entry is self-explanatory. I need to re-focus. Somehow I've become less disciplined than I was 13 weeks ago. Even 4 weeks ago. It all started 2 weeks ago, when I GAINED 1.6 at my weigh-in. I went home and ordered pizza. Pizza Hut Pizza and Cheesy Breadsticks no less. Not that I didn't care. That wasn't my mindset at all. I just figured I would treat myself for ONE meal and then go back the next morning. I even planned extra workouts to help offset the millions of calories I consumed. HOWEVER, the next day, I had car issues and that prevented me from getting to the gym, not to mention added stress so I ate more pizza. Again, I wouldn't say it was emotional eating. I didn't have time to cook and behold there was leftover pizza in the fridge. Were there better options for me in the fridge? Sure but it was easier to have a moment ENJOYING my pizza. This was in direct result to allowing my discipline to slip as well as a lack of thought prior to chewing.

THEN, my dad moved the same week from Hawaii. With him, he brought many yummy snacks and I partook because mind you, I have not been home to Maui in a long time. Pretty much my week went downhill from there.

So my Tuesday weigh-in rolled around and I skipped it. To be honest, I had not worked out nor had I put in the effort to stay within my Point intake so I figured a weight gain was inevitable and I did not want to see it.

So another week has gone by. I've done better but not perfectly. I've been far too lax and lenient and just plain careless.

But alas, I am going to my weigh-in today. NOT going will not change what the scale says. If I have gained weight, it will be a good lesson for me that I need to stay on top of this battle. Only I can do this (with God's help of course). But no one can workout for me. No one is going to say Marian, don't eat that cake. Only I can make those choices. And I am worth those choices. My healthy is worth those choices. Attendance at today's weigh-in and meeting is my opportunity to hit the reset button my my weight-loss clock and refocus. Right now and forward will be on point! I'll update you all following my weigh-in. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you! Those weigh-ins are probably just as powerful whether they're a positive reinforcement to continue what you're doing or a wake up call to change things up and as you said- refocus. I think so many of us fail at the weight loss journey because no one gets 100% in life, but the people that succeed in this journey keep getting up, keep refocusing, and press on. Again- proud of you.

    ReplyDelete