Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fat Girl Running #2 - So Far So Good!


I have officially completed my first week of my walk/jog program. Yay me! Honestly, jogging has not been as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, I'm actually enjoying it! I think this is a positive habit in the making and I'm really excited about the progress to come.

On my first day of jogging (Tuesday) I could only run 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to pass out. By Thursday, I was able to run all the 1-minute segments in the workout. This morning, I was able to jog all segments and the actual action of running is beginning to feel somewhat normal and less awkward.

In order to prevent injury and minimize soreness, I stretch for 5 minutes before and after each workout. And this has really helped. I thought I would wake up the next day crazy sore but I felt fine. Don't get me wrong, there was soreness in muscles that have not been worked but it was not interfere with anything I wanted to do.

Couch to 5K has also made me want an iPod Touch. There is an application available that allows you to listen to your own music but gives cues as to when it's time to walk and when to run. I'm currently using the stopwatch on my Nano to keep track of my segment times but it would be so convenient to have an automated voice direct me through my workout. I already have two iPods, so to purchase another one just seems impulsive and unnecessary. I was in Best Buy for an hour today and left the store with my money...still not feeling completely sure I wanted to buy one. So I'm still thinking about it...if anyone would like to bless me with one, I receive! Kidding but not kidding...lol.

Well I hope you all are having a great weekend. I didn't report on any Friday Faves yesterday but will definitely make up with FOUR picks this week!

2 comments:

  1. So great. I want that application! Think I'm gonna go for a jog tomorrow... Lord, help me!

    ReplyDelete