Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Faves #4



The follow recipe was taken from Gina's WW Recipes. (http://weight-watchers-points-recipes.blogspot.com/) I tried this recipe last weekend. The prep time was minimal and the ingredients really enhance and bring out the flavors of this ALREADY wonderful vegetable. I happened to be over my points last Friday night so I refrigerated and ate it following my Saturday morning workout. It tasted even BETTER! This veggie recipe will definitely be a staple for me.

For all of you cauliflower phobes, this veggie is more like a potato than anything. So if you'd like to cut down on the carbs you're inhaling, I would definitely recommend the cauliflower. I am posting Gina's recipe here for convenience. But go and check out her website...there are so many more that I want to try.

Oven Roasted Cauliflower
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 94 • Points: 2.25 pts


6 cups cauliflower florets (1 large cauliflower) cut small
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
kosher salt and fresh pepper
juice of 1/4 lemon
1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
Preheat oven to 450°F.

Combine cauliflower, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper well so all the florets are coated and seasoned. Place in a large shallow roasting pan and place in the center of the oven.
Roast for about 1 hour, turning florets occasionally so they are evenly cooked. Remove from oven and top with Parmigiano Reggiano and additional salt and pepper if needed.




When I first heard of Bagel-fuls a couple years ago, I was grossed out. My initial thought was Who the world wants to eat something where cream cheese is gonna gush out into your mouth?? I most certainly didn't want to. Perhaps many of you think that sounds wonderful. Not I. But I was at the local grocery store and saw that these where on sale for $1.74, so I figured why not give them a try. I tried the Cinnamon Bagel-fuls my first time and they were definitely yummy. So I went back to the store and purchased the Strawberry. It was love at first gush...lol. No, the cream cheese does not gush at all (for those who are cringe at gushing like me). But the Stawberry Bagel-fuls are amazing! They are amazing for a snack, breakfast, dessert, pretty much ANYTIME. Go get and rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment