Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Faves!


This week on my shopping outing I picked up some of these almonds. Not only are almonds a substantial snack providing protein to hold you over until your next meal, these are covered in a dark chocolate! Normally, I'm don't get jazzed over dark chocolate AT ALL. I'm a milk chocolate kind of girl. But these almonds taste SO good. And these packs in particular are already divided into easy 100 calorie pouches so you can grab them and go. This morning I paired these almonds with an apple and I was super satisfied til lunch. Satisfied doesn't mean I don't want eat out of boredom...it just means I wasn't technically hungry.


My second favorite snack is something I whipped up in my own kitchen. Who would've thought that black beans and brownies would ever been combined to make a yummy snack? Not I! I found this recipe on the Weight Watchers message boards. I was intrigued so I headed to the grocery store and picked up brownie mix and black beans. You drain the liquid off the black beans and pour into blender. You add 1/4 cup water and puree. Combine the pureed beans with brownie mix in a large bowl. That's it. No eggs, no oil...just brownie mix and black beans. Got it? You mix well and put in baking pan. I placed in muffin pan for easy grab and go in the morning. But these muffins are without a doubt what my co-worker exclaimed "Amazing." They are super moist and fudgy...Weight Watchers or not, I will never make brownies the other way again. Not to mention the beans add protein and fiber! Double plus! Believe me, you can't taste the black beans at all! Also when picking up the black beans, make sure you don't get anything flavored like "Southwestern" or "Spicy Garlic" ... Just plain black beans like what is in the pic!

2 comments:

  1. Okay...

    Chocolate dusted almonds- sounds so yummy, can't wait to get some!

    Black bean brownies- I can't imagine them being anything but disgusting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! I so appreciate your dedication to watching, reading and encouraging! As for the brownies...they are so delish...you need to just make em and try em!

    ReplyDelete