Monday, July 27, 2009

Weight Gain...pooper.

Hey all...

I gained 1.4 lbs last week y'all!. Not OK!! Not sure if you all are following my videos or not but I posted one yesterday on this. Again, check it out on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/user/liberationoflosing

Why did I gain weight? I don't know. Well actually I do. haha. I can honestly say I did not do all I could do to guarantee a success weigh-in. I pushed the envelope at too many meal times. I ate things I should have resisted (ribs, ice cream, stuffed potato skins).. I blanked on my water intake. I skipped a couple workouts. So all the things added up...to 1.4 lbs.

I didn't blog or create a video right away because it was unexpected and to be honest just plain embarrassing! What girl wants to GAIN weight while people are peeping in. Not this girl.

SO! I joined Weight Watchers today. Oh yes! More accountability. More structure. I'm doing this with a couple of my co-workers which will be great for support and motivation too. I get a buttload of points to eat so I'm trying to be creative so that I'm not filling myself up with crap but with wholesome good. My co-worker and I are going to our first meeting tomorrow so I will changing my weigh-ins from Wednesday to Tuesday. Weigh-in Tuesday doesn't have that same ring as Weigh-in Wednesday but oh well.

But it's crazy how what you may think are minor slips can add up to weight gain in the end.

My lesson learned?
Be committed. Be diligent. Be devoted. It's my investment. It's something no one else can do for me. Those extra calories are not worth it. The momentary flavor on my lips is not worth the flab on my hips. I will workout. My body will be fit and strong through hard work and discipline.

I was talking with my friend the other day. And she was talking about what our bodies were created for. Our bodies were made for physical labor in order to support our livelihood. But majority of us have desk jobs where we sit all day. We drive to get our food. We lounge and watch TV. Yet we complain about 60 minutes of cardio. What a revelation.

1 comment:

  1. so so so true. it's crazy how not just physical labor, but physical movement, has been eliminated from our day to day life and we have to seek out physical activity! hmmm....

    You'll do great! I know it. It's a lifestyle/learning curve and you'll forever be a better woman for it. It's no quick fix because you're laying a foundation for years to come.

    ReplyDelete