Thursday, July 30, 2009

Watching My Weight...go BYE BYE...

On Monday I took the plunge and joined Weight Watchers. Let's be honest, I've always had a stigma that WW was for middle-aged women that claimed they wanted to lose weight but never did. Instead they resolved to live a life full of Smart Ones (WW meals for those who don't know), counting points and stuck in their overweight rut. Au contraire...that was definitely a misconception and a very skewed stereotype.

My "co-worker BFF" asked me if I wanted to join with her last week and I agreed. We joined this past Monday and went to our first meeting on Tuesday. My weigh-in was not a huge surprise at all. However I find it embarrassing whenever someone other than myself sees my weight. I can only imagine their thoughts when they see that number. "How could she allow herself to get this heavy?"

So far, being on the WW program is a lot of fun...especially when you're doing it with someone else. We hold each other accountable through the day. We even text each other in the evening to check on what's for dinner and it we are staying within our points. I did not expect WW to be this fun!

We are being creative in our meals. I, personally, will still Eat Clean but I will stay within my Points. Like any weight loss program, WW is a discipline. It's a lifestyle change. Not a diet. They even suggest that you lose no more than 2 pounds a week. At first, I was thinking "TWO POUNDS? That's it?? That may not sound like a huge amount, but it does add up. So I am excited.

In the midst of my excitement, I have noticed a couple of fears trying to squeeze their way into my brain. I did this program briefly before and I gained weight on it. So every now and then, I keep hearing a little voice inside saying "This isn't gonna work", "You're going to gain weight again", "You're going to be fat forever and fat is ugly." These are thoughts I have about myself. But I do not accept any of those confessions at all. I know who I am goes WAY beyond the numbers on the scale, a dress size, or what I may look like.

Anyway, I'm super excited about the investment I'm making in myself. And for the first time, I'm looking forward to my weigh-in on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard really great things about weight watchers...and let's be honest, even weight loss can be fun if you're doing it with others--especially if they're your friends. So I say, "BRAVO" Marian! Love to you today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been watching your video blog and loving it! You are a beautiful, brave, motivated young woman and I'm proud of you, friend!

    ReplyDelete