Monday, July 13, 2009

ABC, Easy As 1, 2, 3

Monday has been a great day!

The three things I am focusing on this week are:

1. Being consistent in my food diary. I am keeping record that includes what I eat, when I eat, how hungry I was when I ate, what I was feeling when I ate. I am also tracking how much water I drink a day.

2. Being consistent in my workouts. This week I am focusing on Couch to 5K, Jillian Michaels's 30-Day Shred, and Body Jam at Gold's Gym.

3. Stick to my caloric intake. At this point in time, it is set to 1600 to 1700 calories. This may adjust as the weeks progress depending on how active I stay and how the pounds come off. If I don't see the scale changing, I may have to adust that number. Starving yourself is NOT how you healthfully lose weight!

So today, I grabbed a couple post-its at work and recorded everything I stuck in my mouth. The thing that works for me is planning meals IN ADVANCE so that I don't find myself grabbing McDonald's because I needed something quick and fast (which I would never do anyway).

In a post to come THIS WEEK, I will combo a blog entry and video on how to pack your food for the day. This is fool proof and you will have all the food you need to sustain yourself all day without going hungry and in turn, have food in your possession if you ever have a craving. This battle is offensive as much as it is defensive.

Today was the first day of Couch to 5K for me. I headed to the park straight after work. It was crazy HOT ... after all this is Texas. And here I am walking and jogging in 100 degree weather. Nevertheless, it helped to release the stresses of the day, get a good sweat and burn some calories. I am using Robert Ulrrey's Podcasts for Running from iTunes. For more information on the program see: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml The podcast feature cues when to warm up, walk briskly, start running intervals and cool down. It is quite helpful.

These are my goals for this week! It is late here and I am pooped. I will talk to you all later!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome goals! Sounds like it's a fool-proof plan.

    Let's start looking at different 5K's to do! ;)

    ReplyDelete