Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pizza Power!


Since the START of doing Weight Watchers, I've had the biggest craving for pizza. And not just any pizza. Pizza Hut Pan pizza which happens to be the greasiet, oiliest, and fattyest pizza to my knowledge. I LOVE everything about that pizza. The ooey, gooey cheese, the buttery thick crust, and the flavor. I'll even settle for some cheesy breadsticks. I even dreamt that I ate a few of the cheese breadsticks on my first week of WW...that's how intense this craving is.

I've been doing research to find the best tasting "healthy" pizza. I tried Healthy Choice last week and though rated one of the best tasting pizzas by Hungry Girl...I disagree. The sauce was way too sweet. I found myself dissatisfied with that pizza craving ever present in front of me.

ONE slice of Pizza Hut pizza will use HALF of my allotted daily points that I get on WW. I have not decided if this is worth it yet. I think not. At this point, I would rather eat more of something else that will be filling and healthy. If I eat ONE slice of pizza, I will be hungry again in literally three minutes. And that is if Marian can muster up the will power to stop at one slice. I don't trust myself and that is why I have chosen not to splurge.

And really - it's JUST food. How can food have such POWER? Is it me fueling these fatty cravings with the power that they have? If so, can I just as much empower the HEALTHY stuff. So instead of pizza, I crave a turkey sandwich on whole wheat with tons of veggies? Is it possible to fantacize about healthy foods...to meditate on that which is good and good for me? I think so. It may require me making a concerted effort to renew my mind and my way of thinking of the foods that I choose to eat but yes, very possible. Why fantacize on that will be destructive to my health and weight loss goals when I can think about making choices that will propel me even further toward the prize and cause me to feel energetic as opposed to slumpy and lazy!

I choose that which will propel me higher today! Pizza is just not that important to me.

2 comments: